Civil Ceremonies

Civil Ceremonies make for lovely and intimate celebrations and we've been lucky to host many of them over recent years. Here at The Greenway Manor, you will benefit from having your guests onsite in one venue for the day, giving you plenty of time for your photography and enjoying the company of all your guests. 

We have a choice of HSE registered spaces available for your ceremony, whether for a small family group or larger party. We include lots of lovely decor in your ceremony space and would be delighted to show you around any time.

We are pleased to recommend some great wedding suppliers here in Waterford city and the wider south east to help you arrange all the little touches you wish for on your wedding day.  

If you are getting married by civil ceremony in a Registry Office or other approved place, you should approach the Registrar of Civil Marriages for the district in which you intend to marry for information on how to proceed. There is no requirement to live in the district in which you want to get married. There is also a requirement to give at least 3 months notification to a Registrar. This does not have to be the same Registrar. 

For those who want to get married in wedding venues other than the Registry Office you should contact the Registry Office for the district in which the venue is located to arrange to have it approved. Wedding venues such as marquees, private dwellings or the open air are not acceptable under their guidelines. The Guidelines for Marriage Venues are available on the General Registrar's website. To ensure the venue is approved in time for your wedding you should arrange for the approval well in advance of notifying the Registrar. There will be an additional fee for a civil ceremony held in a venue other than a Registry Office.

Contact Information:

Wedding Events Manager:

Trevor 051 372764

E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.